COVID Update for Freedom Clients
Please review the information on this page before each visit to our office. We also ask that clients continue to check their emails from us during this time. They will contain important information and valuable updates.
Freedom Massage continues to refer to guidance from the PA Department of Health, the State Board of Massage in PA, the CDC, and suggestions from our National Massage associations and leaders in our profession as we look to embrace updated guidelines around COVID and the evolving pandemic.
At this time, our therapists will continue to wear masks throughout all sessions. We are suggesting that clients wear masks throughout our studio and face-up during the massage, regardless of vaccination status.
We will continue to operate with many of the changes which we employed beginning June 2020.
Freedom Massage excels in precautions:
- Keep in mind, all of our massage rooms have windows for optimal circulation.
- Each room also has a UV Hepa air purifier at the headrest so clients breathe fresh air, and our facility invested in a whole-system/HVAC “air scrubber,” which runs continuously.
- We have no-touch dispensers for all of our hand soap and hand sanitizer and are using closed-lid trashcans in every room for even greater protection.
- Our restrooms, treatment rooms, and all equipment are sanitized between each client and each use. Our appointments are spaced to allow for the proper cleaning and ventilation of these areas.
Continued changes for our clients’ safety:
- State recommendations suggest that because of the vast range of presentations, all individuals should be aware of signs and symptoms of Covid-19 infection, including exposure risks and criteria for suggested testing / quarantine.
- When you arrive, we ask that you remain in your vehicle, especially in hot weather or rain. Please send a text message to 610-600-9075 or call 610-644-9003 to let us know that you have arrived. Therapists will continue to meet clients at the door.
- All cleaning procedures have remained the same, including our 30-minute buffer between clients to sanitize and ventilate the rooms and common areas. We ask that clients do not arrive too early for sessions, as we may not be able to accommodate an earlier start.
- We are reducing face-to-face time with clients by getting as much client business done as possible via email or over the phone.
- Clients must provide a credit card when the appointment is scheduled for easy checkout. Gift cards can also be used to complete appointment reservations, and we will need the gift card number. People who have packages will have their standard checkout. Packages can be bought for $10 off each session online.
- If a client wants to pay in cash, they will need the exact amount. We still require a credit card for the appointment reservation.
- As an easy way to give gratuities, we have Venmo. Please always note the therapist’s FIRST name in the comments.
- We ask our therapists and clients to keep talking to a minimum throughout their visits. Updates to health information or detailed session priorities should be given in advance. We still encourage clients to communicate at any time during a session if they need any adjustments or modifications for comfort.
- Rebooking can be done online, or you may request a call from your therapist. We may be able to rebook in the lobby at the end of your visit, if no other client is present.
- We would ask that no one comes in with any cold-like symptoms. Clients with these conditions will be turned away.
- We are seeing New clients! Check out our new client video
- New clients must complete a New Client intake form. Your intake form will arrive via email once you are booked, or you can use the link through our website.
- We are working with minors! Parents, please call our office to schedule appointments for anyone under age 18. Our state requires a parent or guardian present in the room during the massage. We will be able to give you all of the information you need and answer any questions you may have during your call.
- We will continue to stagger our clients to reduce the number of people in common areas. We will continue with our streamlined checkout and rebooking and continue to bring convenient options to our clients for this through our website. And we are always available for any questions or answers via call, text, and email.
- GIFT CARD SEASON is all year! For everyone’s convenience and safety, gift cards can be purchased through our website 24 hours a day and emailed directly to you – you can even personalize your gift with a message and image. If you do not want to buy online, you will need to make an appointment for pick-up or we can mail the gift card on your behalf for a $5.00 handling fee.
- PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to take walk-in appointments.
Covid-19 Informed Consent Statements:
ALL CLIENT informed consent: I understand that COVID-19 is highly contagious and still present in the community where I am seeking massage therapy. I understand that COVID-19 is passed through close contact with others and that people without symptoms may be infectious. I understand that Freedom Massage has taken every precaution to ensure my health and safety but that risk of infection is still possible
The CDC estimates that 88% of people who require hospitalization for COVID-19 have one or more of these underlying conditions:
- People 65 years or older
- People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
- Chronic lung diseases
- Moderate to severe asthma
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Compromised or suppressed immunity
- Severe obesity (BMI 40 or higher)
- Chronic kidney diseases undergoing dialysis
- Liver diseases
WHY DO I HAVE TO FILL OUT A CONSENT FORM EVERY VISIT?
Our state massage board provides the guideline for your safety and everyone else’s.
WHY DO I HAVE TO STAY IN MY VEHICLE UNTIL MY MASSAGE?
We are trying to avoid crowded areas in the building and are only allowed to book to 50% capacity according to the state.
WHY DO I NEED TO GIVE MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION BEFORE MY MASSAGE?
Businesses across the country are following this procedure. The state suggests it. It helps with social distancing and crowded check out areas.
WHY CAN'T I TALK BEFORE OR DURING MY MASSAGE?
You can let the therapist know if you are uncomfortable at any time. We are asking there be no talking unless necessary due to the transmission of the Covid-19 in the air.
WHO WILL SEE THE EMAIL ABOUT MY ACHES, PAINS, AND CONCERNS?
Only the therapist’s whose name you put in the subject line. Please make sure to also include your name in the subject line.
WHY DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK?
The state has a strict guideline mask are to be worn in Green phase.
WHAT IF I HAVE ALLERGIES, CAN I NOT COME FOR A MASSAGE?
We would ask you to take your allergy medicine right before your session. It will be at the discretion of the massage therapist if they will see you with any cold-like symptoms.