COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR FREEDOM MASSAGE
Our team has put a lot of time and effort into putting together these safety guidelines. The guidelines come from the state of PA, The State Board of Massage in PA, FSMTB guidelines, the CDC, suggestions from our National Massage associations, Anne Williams, and other leaders in our profession. We have always abided by the highest safety standards and will continue to do so during our current situation. If you are not comfortable with any of the listed guidelines, we hope to see you in the future. Eugenia and Alicia, certified in “Preventing Disease Transmission in a Massage Practice,” which is an eight-credit continuing education class, are leading our staff members through Covid-19. We have been providing massage to clients in the Malvern, West Chester, Exton, Downingtown, Paoli, Chester County, and the Philadelphia area for 25 years.
Changes to our client’s safety:
- Each client will need to sign a consent form before each visit. We will not be able to see clients without completed forms before arrival. We cannot see clients who have traveled outside of PA in the last 14 days. The form needs to be filled out within 24 hours of the appointment. Click here to sign the consent form.
- When you arrive, we ask that you remain in your vehicle. Please send a text message to 610-600-9075 or call 610-644-9003, and a therapist will respond via text, whether you call or text us.
- We are reducing face-to-face time with clients by getting as much client business done as possible via email or over the phone.
- The client must provide a credit card when the appointment is scheduled for easy checkout. People who have packages will have their standard checkout. Packages can be bought for $10 off each session online.
- If a client wants to pay in cash, they will need the exact amount.
- At the requests of many clients, we now have several ways to leave gratuities. Let the therapist know the amount to put the card or bring the exact amount. We also have Venmo. Please always note the therapist’s FIRST name in the comments.
- We are asking our therapists and clients keep talking to a minimum before, during, and after session. Updates to health information or session priorities need to be given in advance. We still encourage clients to communicate at any time during a session if they need any adjustments or modifications for comfort. We ask discussions not to occur before, during, or after sessions unless necessary. Updates to health information need to be provided in advance.
- Rescheduling can be done online or on our APP, or you may request a call from your therapist. We will not reschedule you at the end of your session.
- Intakes will not be done in person. We will gather as much information on your needs for the session in advance. We will call the day before, or clients can email firstname.lastname@example.org and note your therapist’s name and yours in the subject. (ex: massage with Janet – John Doe)
- Please bring a mask with you. We will not ask clients to keep the mask covering their nose and mouth when face down. Unless, of course, a client is more comfortable.
- We would ask that no one comes in with any cold-like symptoms. Clients with these conditions will be turned away.
- We will be taking clients’ temperature upon arrival with a forehead thermometer.
- We are seeing new clients! Check out our new client video: Click Here
- New clients must complete a brief intake prior to their visit, fill out a new client form, and sign a consent form. Click here to sign the new client and consent form.
- We will not be working with MINORS in the GREEN phase, because there needs to be an extra person in the room.
- If you want a prenatal massage, please provide written consent from your midwife or doctor. We will need all your current information. If you have been here before we still need clients to fill out this form: CLICK HERE
- High risk client hours are Thursday EVERY week at 9:30 am.
- PLEASE NOTE: Currently, we are unable to take walk-in appointments.
Covid-19 Informed Consent Statements:
ALL CLIENT informed consent:
I understand that COVID-19 is highly contagious and still present in the community where I am seeking massage therapy. I understand that COVID-19 is passed through close contact with others and that people without symptoms may be infectious. I understand that Freedom Massage has taken every precaution to ensure my health and safety but that risk of infection is still possible
HIGH-RISK CLIENT hours are Thursday every week at 9:30AM. Please review awareness/consent:
I understand that the health conditions, listed below place me at higher risk for serious COVID-19 infection. If I have one of these conditions I should forgo massage therapy, while COVID-19 is still present in my community, or obtain my physician’s consent. Should I decide to proceed with massage therapy I assume all risks related to COVID-19 infection.
The CDC estimates that 88% of people who require hospitalization for COVID-19 have one or more of these underlying conditions:
- People 65 years or older
- People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
- Chronic lung diseases
- Moderate to severe asthma
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Compromised or suppressed immunity
- Severe obesity (BMI 40 or higher)
- Chronic kidney diseases undergoing dialysis
- Liver diseases
We believe clients with these conditions should consult with their primary care.
We will open slowly, with limited appointments. Following recommendations of the CDC, local officials, and health care providers, the following will be put in place to protect all massage therapists and clients.
- We have UV air purifiers in each room and the lobbies.
- We have installed a UV air scrubber into our HVAC system for better air.
- We will run a more potent air purifier every night after we close.
- As always, all linens will be changed, and equipment will be disinfected between each client.
- As always, the sanitizer will be available, and surfaces will be wiped with sanitizer between each client.
- We have done much research to make sure we are practicing to the highest standards of safety.
WHY DO I HAVE TO FILL OUT A CONSENT FORM EVERY VISIT?
Our state massage board provides the guideline for your safety and everyone else’s.
WHY DO I HAVE TO STAY IN MY VEHICLE UNTIL MY MASSAGE?
We are trying to avoid crowded areas in the building and are only allowed to book to 50% capacity according to the state.
WHY DO I NEED TO GIVE MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION BEFORE MY MASSAGE?
Businesses across the country are following this procedure. The state suggests it. It helps with social distancing and crowded check out areas.
WHY CAN'T I TALK BEFORE OR DURING MY MASSAGE?
You can let the therapist know if you are uncomfortable at any time. We are asking there be no talking unless necessary due to the transmission of the Covid-19 in the air.
WHO WILL SEE THE EMAIL ABOUT MY ACHES, PAINS, AND CONCERNS?
Only the therapist’s whose name you put in the subject line. Please make sure to also include your name in the subject line.
WHY DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK?
The state has a strict guideline mask are to be worn in Green phase.
WHAT IF I HAVE ALLERGIES, CAN I NOT COME FOR A MASSAGE?
We would ask you to take your allergy medicine right before your session. It will be at the discretion of the massage therapist if they will see you with any cold-like symptoms.